Responsible Procurement Program
The National Wood Flooring Association's Responsible Procurement Program (RPP) is a joint initiative between leading environmental groups and industry manufacturers committed to producing and promoting wood floors that come only from environmentally and socially responsible sources, improving forest sustainability for future generations.
To accomplish this, the RPP has been designed to:
Enable participating companies to exercise environmental responsibility in their procurement process
- Demonstrate improvement over time “transitional to higher levels of environmental and social responsibility” as recognized by the Forest Stewardship Council
- Provide options for exercising due care under the U.S. Lacey Act
- Provide RPP participants with effective marketing support including use of a program logo
Key Elements of the Program
The RPP is:
Open to all companies that wish to participate
- Intended to bring about real change in the wood products trade
- Verified through independent third-party auditing
The RPP was conceived by the National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) in conjunction with Scientific Certification Systems (SCS), Forest Stewardship Council U.S (FSC), and the Rainforest Alliance TREES US Program.
The RPP entails a commitment to continuous progress within the RPP framework, as measured by increased sales of products approved by the program. The RPP provides progressive “tiers” that act like rungs on a ladder on which participants move gradually upward toward ever-higher levels of social and environmental performance.
Congratulations to the following companies that are certified under the RPP:
Anderson Hardwood Floors
- Mannington Hardwood Floors
- Mullican Flooring
- Shaw Floors
- Sheoga Hardwood Flooring & Paneling
Is your company interested in joining the RPP? Get more information!
Once you have joined the RPP, NWFA has prepared a toolkit to help you implement the process.
RPP in the News
Check out the FSC Toolkit for Hardwood Sawmills.
NWFA RPP Governing Board
Don Finkell, Chairman
Appalachian Standard Floors Inc
Jason Grant Consulting
Derr Flooring Co.
Scientific Certification Systems, Inc.
For further information concerning the Licensing Agreements, please contact Michael Martin.
To view a sample licensing agreement to participate in the RPP, click here.