The National Wood Flooring Association announced the winners of its 2012 Wood Floor of the Year contest during its Wood Flooring Expo held in Orlando, Florida last week. The winning entries were announced during an Awards Luncheon held on Thursday, April 12. This year’s awards were presented by HGTV celebrity carpenter/designer, Carter Oosterhouse.
The Wood Floor of the Year awards were developed to encourage and recognize innovative craftsmanship and design in wood flooring installations. Since the program began in 1990, more than 200 awards have been presented to NWFA member companies throughout the United States and Canada, as well as in Russia and Finland.
This year’s Wood Floor of the Year Contest yielded 82 entries from three countries, including the United States, Canada, and Russia. All entries in the competition featured flooring installations completed between January 2011 and January 2012. Wood Floor of the Year awards for 2012 are as follows:
- Best CNC/Laser: Yantarnaya Pryad-Parquet – Khimki, Russian Federation
- Best Commercial:Acme Floor Company – Lenexa, KS
- Best Extreme Makeover: Majestic Wood Floors – Frederick, MD
- Best Limited Species: Distinctive Hardwood Floors – Nashville, IN
- Best Manufacturer Factory Finished: MP Caroll Hardwood – Cheektowaga, NY
- Best Reclaimed: Schmidt Custom Floors – Waukesha, WI
- Best Residential: Archetypal Imaginary Remodeling Corp. – Bronx, NY
- Best Restoration: Czar Floors – Huntington Valley, PA
- Designers’ Choice: Artistic Floors by Design – Parker, CO
- Members’ Choice: Archetypal Imaginary Remodeling Corp. – Bronx, NY
Photos and descriptions of the winning entries are available on the NWFA’s web site at www.nwfa.org
, under the Floor of the Year link.Learn more about the Wood Floor of the Year contest.